East Riding County FA is seeking an Equal Game Ambassador, to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training to support grassroots football clubs build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
Job Title: Equal Game Ambassador – Women & Girls Football
Location: The Roy West Centre, 220 Inglemire Lane, Hull HU6 7TS.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22 November at 9am.
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract.
The successful candidate will be required to deliver 50 hours over the 2023/24 football season on as a Casual Worker, working flexibility across the East Riding County FA.
East Riding County FA brings together a strong network of grassroots football members with the mission to create and enhance opportunities for everyone to find fulfilment within football.
Our values, in line with the FA are; progressive to embrace new thinking in pursuit of continuous improvement; respectful to set the standards for behaviours across the game; inclusive to ensure that football is and will remain a game for everyone; determined to serve the whole game and doing the right thing; excellent to achieve the very best outcome by sustained excellence performance.
You can find out more about East Riding County FA and the work we do on our website at www.eastridingfa.com
East Riding County FA is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk. Due to the nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check through The FA DBS process. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according the nature of the role and the information provided.
East Riding County FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual(s) with a passion for grassroots football to join the team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for support grassroots football clubs to apply their learnings from the Equal Game Training and build their own Equal Game Action Plan; creating more accessible opportunities for women and girls.
• Engage with selected England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the ‘Equal Game Training’
• Signpost and help clubs access relevant support
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners
• Collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, and other grassroots football stakeholders
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots club
What we are looking for:
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for female football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
Equality and Diversity:
East Riding County FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
About the application and selection process:
- Complete a CV and covering letter that demonstrates how you meet the Job Description / Person Specification and return to Chris Johnson (Participation and Communications Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9am Wednesday 22 November 2023.
- Complete the Equality and Diversity Monitoring Form which can be found at the bottom of this page.
- Receipt of applications will not be acknowledged.
- Shortlisted applicants will be contacted by Friday 24 November 2023 to be invited to interview.
- Interviews will be held on Wednesday 30 November 2023.
- If required, second interviews may be held in order to determine the most suitable candidate for the role.
- Successful candidate will be notified of the FA Equal Game training dates so that they can fulfil this role.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Chris Johnson (Participation and Communications Officer) at E: email@example.com or M: 07826 344661 for an informal discussion.
Express your interest:
To express an interest in the position please submit a CV and short covering letter to Chris Johnson (Participation and Communications Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Wednesday 22 November 2023 at 9am.
Interviews: Wednesday 30 November 2023.
Equality and Monitoring Form
Jon Specification and Personal Specification