Title: Developing Skillful Players
Date: Thursday 29th September 2022
Time: 7 - 9pm
Venue: Beverley Leisure Centre 3G pitch, Flemingate, Beverley HU17 0LT
Event delivered by:
Ryan Davies - FA Coach Developer
Overview of the event:
This event will take a look into how we can help develop skilful behaviour within our players, what it looks like across the 4 corners, what practices might help and how we can shape the practice to encourage more exploration of skilful solutions.
The event will showcase a number of practices, delivered by our Coach Development Officers, for you to consider. They will highlight how we can apply a range of constraints that will present new problems for our players to overcome, they will ask you to observe and consider how the 4 corners interconnect and influence how players adapt to new situations.
Questions this workshop will aim to answer:
- What is a skillful player?
- How can we, as coaches, support the development of skillful players?
- What does ‘skillful’ look like across the FA 4 corners?
What can coaches expect to take away?
- Some example practices that they could use to support them with this topic.
- An understanding of how constraints can encourage the player to develop skillful solutions
- Knowledge of how the 4 Corners connect to encourage skillful play
Are there any tasks to complete ahead of the event?
Please watch the 2-minute pre video and consider what a ‘skillful’ player looks like to you.
Pre-workshop video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbY3yHs2ZGY
Click here to book your place