Do you love your football?
Do you have a desire and a passion to make a difference?
Are you motivated to get involved in making key decisions in local football?
Aged between 16 and 24 and want to make a difference in grassroots football across the East Riding? Here’s your opportunity!
The East Riding FA Youth Council are looking for members for the 2023 / 24 season to represent young people within the county and help put into action the East Riding FA strategy. Appointed individuals will require the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience to have a positive and meaningful impact on football within East Riding.
The Youth Council will work together to give young people a voice within football and to identify and deliver projects aimed at enhancing football participation across the East Riding.
WHAT DOES BEING INVOLVED IN THE YOUTH COUNCIL LOOK LIKE?
Being a member of our Youth Council can include (but is not limited to):
- Organising and running of football events
- Supporting County FA-led events and programmes
- Help shape opportunities for young people within the county
- Attending Youth Council meetings (monthly/bi-monthly depending on project demands)
- Creation and implementation of social media campaigns
- Impact on East Riding FA’s strategy
- Further opportunities can include supporting FA and UEFA events
YOUTH COUNCIL FAQS
Who are the Youth Council?
The Youth Council is made up of young people from across East Riding with a passion for developing grassroots football and themselves as leaders.
What are the benefits?
Being part of the Youth Council gives you the opportunity to build your CV through various opportunities, which will help increase your employability. You will also get a hands-on experience in the football industry, whilst being given the opportunity to expand your network with County FA staff and the wider FA community.
What are the types of projects the Youth Council support?
- Wildcats Festival
- East Riding FA County Cup Finals
- Mental Health Awareness Campaigns
- Youth Leadership
How do I get involved?
Youth Council Expression of Interest Form
For further information about the East Riding FA Youth Council please contact either Football Development Manager Rachel Sullivan or Designated Safeguarding Officer Steve Lazenby.