We're delighted to be able to share with you full information on the new exciting FA Progression Pathway and confirm that the application process is NOW OPEN!
As you will see, the newly modernised FA Referee Progression Pathway will create more progression opportunities for referees across the grassroots game (Levels 5, 6, 7 & Youth Referees). The priorities of this change will focus on:
• Giving referees greater control over their own progression
• Providing a route for expedited progression for those able to commit to more games
• Instilling a developmental philosophy into grassroots refereeing
• Motivating and incentivising refereeing through structural change
• Removing some of the key barriers to progress
The new methodology will replace the annual promotion process based on formal assessments, with progression based on:
• Number of appointments
• Completion of free online referee development modules
• Support and advice from Match Day Coaches, not Observers (formerly Assessors)
• Successful completion of a Laws of the Game exam
• Attendance at face-to-face mandatory training (Level 6-5 only)
Please click here to view a document giving a full overview of the newly updated FA Progression Pathway.
Furthermore, please find detailed below specific information for each of the promotion levels providing exact information on what is required: