Get involved with SSE Wildcats Girls' Football Clubs
Have fun, make friends, play football.
The Football Association and SSE teamed up to launch a new initiative in 2017, SSE Wildcats, designed to inspire girls aged between 5-11 to be involved in the sport.
SSE Wildcats Girls’ Football Clubs provide girls with regular opportunities to play football and take part in organised sessions in a fun and engaging environment created exclusively for girls. 200 clubs were established across England throughout the spring and summer of 2017.
The sessions take place on a weekly basis, either after school or at weekends, subject to the local organiser. They will provide a safe environment where girls with no football experience can; have fun engaging with sport, develop fundamental skills, try a variety of sessions, learn new things and create foundations for a lifelong love of sport.
Alongside the football for girls activities, there will also be opportunities for the attending parents, carers and siblings to engage with sport in ‘Family Sessions’, e.g. Soccercise/Walking football at the same time.
Each SSE Wildcats Club will be run in conjunction with local County FAs and utilising qualified coaches and local facilities to offer girls a location nearby where they can get involved.
SSE Wildcats has been established in partnership with SSE, supporters of girls’ football participation and sponsor of the SSE Women’s FA Cup, with support from UEFA, FIFA and The Youth Sport Trust.
Use the search bar below to find out where your nearest SSE Wildcats session is taking place.
Within the East Riding we will be running 13 Wildcats in 2018, 2 existing from last year and 11 new, see below for a list of Centres:
- AFC Tickton Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Bridlington CYP Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Costello FC Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Hall Road Rangers Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Hessle Rangers Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Hull United AFC Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Hull Indoor Sports Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Malet Lambert YC Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- North Ferriby United Amateurs Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Soccer Kings Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- South Cave Sporting Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- Tigers Trust Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
- The University of Hull Wildcats Girls' Football Centre
Session information will be released soon.
The sessions are fun, enjoyable and a great introduction to football, so whether your daughter hasn't played before these are a great way to get into football.
The coaches deliver fun activities to keep all the participants engaged.
Currently we have one session running, this session take place at Bridlington Sports Centre, Gyspey Road, Bridlington every Thursday 6pm-7pm.
The session add Bridlington is run by coaches from Bridlington CYP, Bridlington Rangers and Bridlington Rovers.
All coaches are qualified to a minimum of Level 1, hold a current First Aid Certificate, and Safeguarding Children Certificate and a valid CRC check.
Sessions at Bridlington are £2 per week.
Just a drink, come in comfortable clothing and trainers.