The need for this service is more relevant now than ever, given the current economic times and the pressures facing grass roots football. The key principles behind the service are to provide football clubs with advice and practical solutions on a number of areas.
A number of professional football club groundsmen have been identified and signed-up to the service. Selected qualifying clubs, identified by their County FA, can receive a visit from these experts if they own their own site or are responsible for the maintenance of grass pitches.
* club completes the Expression of Interest form at the bottom of this page and contacts email@example.com if they wish to request a visit. We or the FA may select/target a number of clubs depending on the availability of the Pitch Advisors
* we will coordinate the time and date of the visit in conjunction with the selected club
* we will notify the Pitch Advisor of visits, including contact details
* a site visit is carried out, with the East Riding County FA Development Manager in attendance if possible
* a report is produced by the Pitch Advisor with a copy for the club, the East Riding County FA (refer to the Report Form template attached below)
* club follows recommendations
* feedback sought from club following an agreed timescale, based on the recommendations provided by the Pitch Advisor
* should the maintenance recommendations not result in an improved pitch or surface, there may be some further improvement work required on site and the club can discuss funding options with the East Riding County FA and The FA
Cost & Payment
The cost for the report is £100 per visit (plus VAT).
From the 2014/15 season, if a 3G pitch is not on The FA's approved list then it cannot be used for affiliated football matches. The list continues to be added to as more 3G pitches are tested. The link below is to The FA's official register. Just select 'East Riding' from the drop down box (next to County FA heading) to see the pitches that have passed the 3G pitch test within the county. Click here to browse the register.
For more information or further support please contact County Development Manager, Graham Turner on 01482 221158 or firstname.lastname@example.org