All affiliated clubs MUST have an appointed Child Welfare Officer if running Under 18`s Teams. Clubs must have a Club Welfare Officer appointed in order for your affiliation to be accepted, if your club has Under 18`s teams.

The Club Welfare Officer is required to hold an accepted FA CRB Check (Click here for information on CRB's) and have attended the FA Safeguarding Children and Welfare Officers Workshop. (Both courses available through East Riding FA).

Youth Leagues must also appoint a Welfare Officer honouring the same requirements prior to East Riding FA sanctioning the league each season.

To help you understand what is required and to assist you with selecting an appropriate person to become your clubs Welfare Officer. The FA has produced a useful reference guide with all the information you need to do this. The document is available to download below.

If you and your club requires any further information or support with appointing a Club Welfare Officer please contact Steve Lazenby –County Welfare Officer is available on 01482 221158 or


Sage Recertification 17 / 18